Chef Ron's Cordon Chicken Rolls with creamy sauce
The next in our series of recipes to try from our family of chefs. Our fantastic Head Chef at inamo Soho wants to welcome you into his home to share the recipe for his Cordon Chicken Rolls with Creamy Sauce that he's prepared for his loved ones. Full details below, and in video.
Ingredients - for 2 servings
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder or minced onion
2 slices mature cheese
2 slices smoked ham
1 sausage (e.g. frankfurter) halved length-ways
10g red pepper in strips
10g carrots in batons
125g all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
100g panko bread crumbs
2 cups cooked rice
1 cup mixed salad
Ingredients for CREAMY DIJON SAUCE
1 tbsp butter
1 clove garlic, minced
5g chopped onion
240ml double cream
2 tbsp dijon mustard
25g grated parmesan
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper, garlic, salt, & onion powder. Toss to coat evenly.
- On chopping board place chicken between two sheets of cling film. Wrap, then pound until 1cm thick using rolling pin.
- Remove cling film. Lay chicken on new sheet of cling film wide enough to be able to roll up.
- On top of chicken place 1 slice of cheese, sausage & ham, with pepper & carrot. Evenly roll chicken up so all ingredients held inside.
- Wrap chicken roll in cling film tightly. Use excess on sides to twist firming up the roll as you go. Chill in fridge for 30 mins.
- Preheat tall-sided pan with 2 inches of oil to 150°C
- After 30 mins, prepare 3 large dishes one with flour, one with beaten eggs, and the last with breadcrumbs. Cover chicken first in flour then egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Place breaded chicken in pan with oil and cook for 3-5 mins per side, or until golden brown. If good colour is achieved but centre or chicken is not 75°C, then finish in oven at 180°C until it is.
- Meanwhile prep sauce; in pan on medium heat, melt butter and cook garlic & onion until soft. Whisk for 1min.
- Add double cream. Continue whisking until comes to a simmer and thickens, add mustard, parmesan, salt, pepper. Whisk to combine. Remove from heat.
- Slice the Cordon Chicken rolls and serve drizzled with Dijon sauce, rice & salad on the side.